2017 Schools-to-Watch Conference.
Date & Location.
The 2017 CAMLE Schools-to-Watch Conference will be held on Saturday, October 28, at Preston Middle School in Fort Collins, CO.
7:30 – 8:00 ... Registration
8:00 – 9:00 ... Welcome, Introductions, Ignite!
9:05 – 10:15 ... Session 1
10:20 – 11:30 ... Session 2
11:30 – 12:30 ... Lunch & Keynote
12:35 – 1:45 ... Session 3
1:50– 3:00 ... Session 4
3:05 – 3:45 ... Team Collaboration & Wrap Up
Conference attendees are entitled to CDE re-licensure credit free-of-charge. Graduate credit through Adams State College is also available for a small fee.
CAMLE recommends staying at the Marriott Courtyard at 1200 Oakridge Drive
Cost & Registration.
Individual registration for the 2017 Schools-to-Watch conference is $100. Groups of five can register for $400. And groups of 10 can register for $800.
Individuals and groups can register for the conference using Eventbrite. Just click here.
CAMLE is proud to announce Roberto Rivera as the keynote speaker of this year's Schools-to-Watch conference. Roberto Rivera is the Chief Empowerment Officer for "7 Mindsets", a Social Emotional Learning program that elevates student achievement, student behavior, grit and resilience. Roberto served as a research fellow with the Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) Research Group at the University of Illinois at Chicago, specializing in the relationship of youth voice to social and emotional learning. As a Research Collaborator for CASEL, he studied the intersection of SEL, culturally relevant pedagogy, and youth voice. As a teen, Roberto was labeled an “at-risk” and “disadvantaged” student with learning disabilities. As an adult, he overcame these labels and completed his college degree at the University of Wisconsin–Madison, where he created his own major entitled “Social Change, Youth Culture and the Arts.”
Roberto will unpack the 7 Mindsets for maximum impact:
Following is a list of our current breakout sessions. The list will continue to grow as we mover closer to the conference. Return regularly for updates!
• Interactive Character-Building Assemblies
• Student Readbox Awards
• LPMS Bike Shop: A Safe Place. A Trusted Adult.
• Let Learners Choose. It All.
• "Mind"Craft: The SCARF Model
• Schoolwide Restorative Practices Solutions
• Building Positive School Culture
• Connection Circles = Safer Classrooms
• Extending Intervention Classrooms
• How Glitter Jars Changed Everything
• No More Teacher vs. The Mob
• Got Grit? Growth Mindset in Action
• MTSS in Middle School
• Rigor in the Classroom
• Supporting Student Writers
• Building Internal Resilience in Students
• Keep Them Moving: Using Brain Breaks
• Character Strengths in the Classroom
• Staying Relevant in Teaching
• Learning Targets. Student Ownership.
• Building Growth Relationships
• Computer Science "Code-a-Thon"s
This year's pre-conference Leadership Forum will be held on Friday, October 27, at Lescher Middle School in Fort Collins, CO. Cost of the pre-conference forum is $60 per person, or five people for $200. The forum is open to 40 people only, so register soon!